Recipe: Lemon Rosemary Chicken
My wife and I don’t eat a lot of beef, so that leaves us with chicken. Its not always easy to find a new chicken recipe that is different enough to be fun if you eat chicken on a regular basis, but this is on recipe that has turned out to be a staple of our dinner repertoire. It is quick, full of delicious flavors, and very easy to make without having dry chicken.
- Chicken Breast (sliced in half helps for quicker cooking)
- Red Bell Pepper
- (2) Lemons
- Olive Oil
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Onion (half, diced)
- Ground Red Pepper or Cayenne
- Slice the lemons in half and squeeze them into a pan (remove any seeds). Add 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Dice half of the red bell pepper, half of the onion, and the 2 cloves of garlic – add those to the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan with the diced vegetables, lemon juice, and olive oil on medium heat (cut chicken in half length-wise speeds cooking)
- Remove chicken after the outsides are cooked. Be sure to scoop the vegetables on top of the chicken breasts. Add ground red pepper and rosemary to the tops of the chicken breasts. Place everything in a glass pan to cook longer at 300 degrees in the oven.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, rice, or salad.